zum Inhalt

Entry to Austria and Residence

Students have to make visa arrangements by themselves!

Here you can check if and which entry and residence documents you need: https://oead.at/en/to-austria/entry-and-residence/

Registration Offices

In Austria everybody (Austrians, EU/EEA nationals, nationals of third countries) has to register at their place of residence. The registration offices are the municipal authorities.

To register you need travel document birth certificate marriage certificate and/or proof of academic titles as applicable Registration form available from the registration office.

This form has to be signed both by the landlord/landlady and by the tenant.

Please note

Nationals of EU/EEA countries and Switzerland, who are staying in Austria longer than 3 months, have to apply to the competent municipal authority for a document called "Anmeldebescheinigung" within the first 4 months of their stay.

Any change of the residential address has to be reported to the registration office within three working days, any change of other data has to be reported within one month.

The confirmation of registration (Meldebestätigung) should be kept safe because you will need it for certain dealings with the authorities (e.g. for a renewal of your residence or domicile permit).

Before leaving Austria you have to cancel your registration.

more under: https://oead.at/en/to-austria/regional-offices/linz/authoritiesoffices/

Municipal Authority Linz
Magistrat der Stadt Linz

BürgerInnen-Service | Neues Rathaus
Hauptstraße 1 - 5
4041 Linz

Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
+43 732 7070 Service number