zum Inhalt

Admission to the University

If you have successfully passed the entrance exam, or have received a confirmation of being able to start your study programme at our university, please contact the student's office at studien.office@kunstuni-linz.at to be admitted to our university.

Information for Students of our Teacher Training Programme: after passing your entrance exam, the LiLes Office will handle your admission.

Information for People Interested in our PhD Programme (in German only): Enrolemt Procedure PhD Programme

Applicants who do not need to pass an entrance exam (Media Culture and Art Theories, exchange / mobility programme e.g. Erasmus, university courses, co-registrants, non-degree programmes) need to create an account for applicants on our ufg-online system. If you have passed the entrance exam, you have already provided this information in order to take the exam.

To make the enrolment procedure as easy as possible, most applicants can enrol at our university online due to the current COVID-19 situation (unfortunately, this regulation does not apply for applicants with a citizenship of a non-member country of the European Union). Applicants who want / need to register in person, need to make an appointment at the student's office.

In order to enrol online, please send the following documents (PDFs only!) to studien.office@kunstuni-linz.at. If you are going to finish your enrolment in person, please bring your original documents along to your appointment:

  • Valid (= validity date!) passport, personal ID card, or a driver’s license combined with a proof of your citizenship
  • High school diploma / secondary school / university entrance certificate* (e.g. Austrian “Reifeprüfungszeugnis”, German “Abitur”, IB Diploma, containing all pages!). This document is compulsory for the study programmes BA Architecture, BA Industrial Design, BA Cultural Studies
  • German language certificate (B2) for the study programmes Architecture (BA, MA), Industrial Design (BA, MA) and Cultural Studies (BA) (for more information, please see the PDF "Proof of German Language Skills")
  • Bachelor’s degree certificate and a Diploma Supplement / Transcript of Records* in order to enrol for a Master’s, or a Master's degree certificate and a Diploma Supplement / Transcript of Records* in order to enrol for a PhD programme
  • Proof of an Austrian social insurance number (e.g. e-card), for Austrian citizens only
  • Certificate proving the change of your name if the name in your passport or on your ID card does not match the name on your documents (e.g. marriage certificate)
  • Deregistration certificate and transcript of records if you are coming from another university and want to enrol for the same subject at the University of Art and Design Linz
  • Certificate proving your Austrian enrolment number (“Matrikelnummer”) if you have been registered at an Austrian university, or a college of higher education
  • if you are enrolling online: signed declaration

*Please note that most foreign certificates need to pass a legalisation procedure. Please send us your documents to studien.office@kunstuni-linz.at (preferably in German or English if available), and we will inform you on the specific steps you need to take. You can also find more information at: Legalisation of Foreign Documents