Access the Webex dashboard via web browser:
The Webex App for PC/MAC or mobile device combines online-meetings, messaging and phone calls. Download: www.webex.com/downloads.html
Every employee and every student has a Webex account available. Login as follows:
If you have any questions concerning the login, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Lost password? Refer to paragraph "eDirectory / UFGonline" here: www.kunstuni-linz.at/Zugangsdaten.16544.0.html
Range of functions
• Multiple tools for online collaboration: Webex, Webex Meetings, Webex Training, Webex Events
• Video conferences with up to 250 participants (audio + video) plus up to 500 participants just audio.
• Sharing and viewing of files (PDF, PowerPoint …) or the whole monitor or just one application.
• Meetings can be launched immediately (personal room) or can be scheduled.
• Options to: record meetings and chats, polling, breakout sessions, transcriptions of recorded meetings (english only).
• Can be used in web browser (plugin installation required) or download and install the standalone "Webex Meetings desktop app" (recommended).
• Add-ons available for integration in Microsoft Outlook and others.
This is not a competitor of Webex but is a free alternative, which allows everyone to quickly host an online-meeting, without an user account from the Kunstuni.
• You need to have an account with Google, Facebook or GitHub
Range of functions
• Simple and quick communication via the webbrowser
• Create meetings and invite others or join an existing meeting
• Live chat; share your desktop or just one application; live streaming and recording
• Reduce background noise and use a headset (speaker-microphone-combination) or a clip-on microphone (Lavalier microphone). Those usually offer a better recording quality when compared to integrated hardware.
• Use a wired internet connection or at least make sure that the wireless connection is as stable as possible (reduce distance and obstructions between your device and the wifi router or cell tower).
• Ask other users of the same internet connection to quit acitivities with high bandwidth consumption, like up- and downloads, streaming of movies or videos, online-gaming.
• On your own device close unused programs which access the internet.
• The broadcast of video (from your webcam) increases demand on performance and bandwidth. Disable your webcam if you don't need this function or you are experiencing problems.
• If available use the QoS (quality of service) function of your router, which allows to prioritize certain applications (in this case the meeting-software. For further instructions please refer to the manual of your router.