Admission to the programme requires a certificate of university entrance qualifications as well as creative aptitude corresponding to the subject Industrial Design. The latter is confirmed after submission of a digital portfolio and an entrance exam.
Please note regulations for foreign applicants concerning German language proficiency.
Registration & Admission
Participation in the entrance exam requires online registration.
The admission procedure includes the following:
- Online application (for details see kunstuni-linz.at/Zulassungspruefung)
- Assessment of the digital portfolio (PDF, max. 50MB)
- Entrance exam (requiring personal attendance) on 4 and 5 July 2023.
Location of the entrance exam: Kunstuniversität Linz, 4020 Linz, Hauptplatz 6, 3.OG.
The admission committee is looking forward to interviews which require an appropriate amount of time. This means that we are not able to invite all applicants to take the entrance exam. You will be notified via e-mail concerning invitation/rejection.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ms Ute Kreft.
T: +43 (0)732 7898 2250
- There are no restrictions regarding contents. Your portfolio should reflect your creative abilities and your personality.
- Typical contents may include freehand drawings, sketches, paintings, photographs, graphic works, computer renderings, animations, layouts, images of models, sculptures, 3D prints etc.
- We are interested in the personal aspects of your works and a certain degree of variety.
- Ideal format is PDF, max. 50 MB.